Request a film, movie, or TV shoot
Film, Movie, or TV Shoot Request
About Film, Movie, and TV Shoots at Preston Castle
Preston Castle is a historic castle-like structure located in Ione, California. Originally built as a reform school in the late 19th century, it has since become a California landmark, that includes an intriguing history of the paranormal. All together, the Castle makes for a truly one-of-a-kind location and offers filmmakers an unparalleled opportunity to create something truly unique.
Preston Castle’s unique architecture is one of its most distinctive features. It was designed in the Romanesque Revival style, which was popular during the late 1800s. Its imposing exterior is made of stone and features numerous towers, turrets, and battlements. The Castle’s interior is just as impressive, with ornate woodwork, stained glass windows, and other decorative elements that provide an authentic period look.
There are hourly and daily rates available depending on the size and scope of your project.
– Access Non-Restricted Areas
– Film at Night, Early Morning, or Middle of the Day
– Bring Your Talent, Equipment & Crew
– Set Up Your Shots
– Once a date and time are agreed upon you will be given instructions on how to make a payment to reserve your date and time.
Logistics & Policies:
– All monies shall be paid in full prior to the start of the event.
– Both the interior and grounds are non-smoking/non e-cig sites.
– No candles or open flames of any kind may be used.
– No artificial smoke or mist that would trigger the fire alarm system.
– No modifications (nails, staples, etc.) shall be made to the structure or its contents.
– Items both inside and outside the Castle cannot be moved without the permission of a PCF representative.
– There is limited electricity in the main building.
– Only low heat LED lighting (or similar equipment) may be used inside the Castle.
– All participants are restricted to the areas of the Castle deemed safe and agree not to cross any barricades/barriers.
– There is no nudity in or around the Castle or grounds.
– A PCF representative will be onsite to answer any questions and resolve any issues during the time of usage.
Featured In Numerous Movies And Television Shows
Preston Castle has been featured in numerous movies and television shows over the years.
One of its most notable appearances was in the 2019 major motion picture thriller “Apparition,” staring Kevin Pollack and Mena Suvari which relied heavily on the Castle for its location. The 2014 horror film “A Haunting at Preston Castle,” also used the Castle as the primary filming location.
The Castle was also featured in the first episode of “The Lowe Files,” a reality TV series hosted by actor Rob Lowe and his sons, produced by A&E in 2017.
Actor, director, producer Ron Howard and the producer of “The Amazing Race,” Bertram Van Munster, produced a reality TV game show called “The Great Escape,” (2012) in which they featured Preston Castle in its first season.
Other productions have used Preston Castle, taking advantage of the Castle’s unique look, its diverse set options available, and palpable history to create something truly amazing.