Prepare to be thrilled and chilled as you step into the eerie atmosphere of this legendary haunted location. Embark on a spine-tingling adventure through the shadowy corridors and hidden corners of the castle, where ghostly legends come to life.
- $300 Minimum for up to 10 People
- $30 for each additional person up to 45 people
- Groups larger than 45 have a self-guided tour option at $25 per person with a $1,125 minimum
Enjoy an engaging and educational experience during your next group outing in Ione, CA.
During a private tour of the Preston Castle, you can explore the various rooms and corridors of this magnificent building, gaining insight into the daily life of the students who once resided there.
Surround yourself with our original Romanesque Revival Architecture and features including multiple staircases, the chapel, dining hall, and the former living quarters of the students and staff.
Displays of historical artifacts, photographs, and documents provide a glimpse into the castle’s past, and you’ll enjoy the splendor of the surrounding property and our amazing views.
Private tours offer a one-of-a-kind experience for history buffs, architecture enthusiasts, paranormal enthusiasts, and anyone seeking a unique adventure, and are a great option for large groups.
Led by knowledgeable guides who are passionate about the castle’s history, our docents provide insights into the castle’s past, making Private Tours an educational and engaging experience.
- Discover Our Fascinating History: You’ll learn about our fascinating history, which begins with The Preston School of Industry, as it was originally known, once a reform school for boys established in 1894.
- Explore Stunning Architecture: The castle features unique Romanesque Revival architectural, making it a true architectural gem.
- Supports Our Mission: Private tours directly support the preservation and restoration efforts of the Preston Castle Foundation.
- A Great Option for Large Families and Groups
Private guided tours are capped at 45 people. Groups larger than 45 have a self-guided tour option at $25 per person with $1,125 minimum.
Private Tours may be reserved online only. There will be no ticket sales at the gate.
Allow 90 to 120 minutes. Typically, Private Tours require 1.5 to 2 hours, which includes history/safety video, access to the museum, and tour of the Castle.
Private Tours are not available the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month. Please request an appropriate date in this time frame.
Once a date and time are agreed upon you will be instructed on how to make payment to reserve your date and time. All private tours require prepayment. Prepaid reservations are non-refundable. Minimum cost for tour is non-refundable and must be received to hold date and time.
Participants will report to the docent on the front steps at their tour time.
- A Preston Castle Representative will call with tour day instructions.
- Participants will conclude their tour in the gift shop. area and once they exit the gift shop they will not be allowed to return to the Castle.
- Cameras are allowed, but please no tripods.