You are invited to take an interesting and informative historical tour of Preston Castle. You will be guided by a trained docent, or take a self-guided tour on your own. You will have access to the first floor, second floor and basement and learn about the history of the Preston School of Industry.
These tours involve stairs. Cameras are allowed but please, NO tripods.
No reservations are necessary for the self-guided tours. These tours allow you to go through the Castle at your own pace, with information provided by posted descriptions. Docents will be available on each floor to assist you and answer questions.
Tickets are sold from 10 am to 12 noon, and guests should exit the Castle by 1 pm.
Guided tours are led by a trained docent, who will guide you through the Castle. They are scheduled for 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, and 2:00 pm., limited to 3 groups of 16 guests each. They will last about 70-90 minutes and tickets may be purchased in advance online. Tickets will be available at the door only if not sold out online.
Also available is a 35-minute closed-captioned Virtual Tour for our mobility restricted guests which will take place on the accessible ground floor (basement) of the Castle. No reservations required
Public tours will be available in 2020 on every Saturday, April 4th to August 29th.
Public Tours Pricing
2020 Tours Dates
Every Saturday April through August 2020.
Please note, there will be Self-Guided Tours ONLY on the following 2020 dates (no guided tours on these dates) :
- May 9
- May 30
- June 13
- July 4
- August 29
- December 12
Make the castle the destination for your next group activity. Large families, Red Hatters, car clubs, etc. have enjoyed great days at the castle. Typical private tours take 1.5 to 2 hours. but can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
The cost for private tours is $250.00 minimum for up to 10 people, and $25.00 per person for each additional guest.
Reserve Your Private Tour
Complete this form:
Private Photo Shoots
You may want to take the opportunity to book the Castle for a private photo shoot.
This allows photographers to roam the Castle in the non-restricted areas at their own pace.
Once a date and time are agreed upon you will be given instructions on how to make a payment to reserve your date and time.
There are some restrictions:
- All monies shall be paid in full prior to the start of the event.
- Both the interior and grounds are non-smoking/non e-cig sites.
- No candles or open flames of any kind may be used.
- No artificial smoke or mist that would trigger the fire alarm system.
- No modifications (nails, staples, etc.) shall be made to the structure or its contents. Items both inside and outside the Castle cannot be moved without the permission of a PCF representative.
- It is understood there is limited electricity in the main building and no bathroom facilities (port-a-potty is provided).
- Only low heat LED lighting (or similar equipment) may be used inside the Castle.
- All participants are restricted to the areas of the Castle deemed safe and agree not to cross any barricades/barriers.
- There is no nudity in or around the Castle or grounds.
- A PCF representative will be onsite to answer any questions and resolve any issues during the time of usage.
Private Photo Shoot Rates:
Person includes all involved, including models, hair/make up, wardrobe, lighting etc.
A $300-$1000 refundable damage/overtime deposit is required, depending on size and scope of project.
Reserve Your Private Photo Shoot
Complete the Form:
Nighttime Paranormal Investigation Tours
- Paranormal night tours begin at 7:00 PM and conclude by 2 AM.
- Public and private paranormal tours are $100 per person
- Private investigations are $1,000 minimum for up to 10 people and $100 per person for each additional person up to 15 maximum.
- Private tour dates can be arranged depending on availability of docents. A $500 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your date and time and is applied to the cost of the tour.
- No one under 18 years of age is allowed.
- Contact us to discuss a Private Paranormal Investigation.
Public Paranormal Tour Dates:
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- July 18
- August 22
Additional dates in November and December maybe posted later in the year depending on interest.
The castle could be just the interesting backdrop you need for your next film. If you would like more information, just call or email us. There are hourly and daily rates available depending on the size and scope of your project.
Get In Touch
Location: 900 Palm Dr, Ione, CA 95640
Telephone: (209) 256-3623